Car Engine Repairs in Salinas, CA
Engine Repairs & Services
If your check engine light comes on, you must take your vehicle in as soon as possible for a diagnostic. The engine, one of your car’s most intricate and critical systems, can display various symptoms. Depending on the severity of the problem, certain issues may be repairable without requiring an engine replacement.
Engines are classified based on how they generate energy. Electric, diesel, hybrid, and gasoline engines are the four most common types of engines.
- A spark plug in a gasoline engine ignites a mixture of fuel and air, which propels a piston.
- Diesel engines compress air to high pressure before lighting the fuel.
- Gasoline engines, as opposed to diesel engines, use a carburetor rather than a spark plug.
- Electric motors produce revolving magnets, which power the pistons.
Each of the four engine types has advantages and disadvantages. Diesel and gasoline engines produce more power but use less fuel than electric motors, and gasoline engines are more expensive but require less maintenance. Electric motors are the most efficient but need a constant power source.
Typical Engine Issues
Engines are complex pieces of machinery that require routine maintenance to function correctly. Even with the best care, engines eventually degrade and must be replaced. How can you tell if your engine is nearing the end of its life? Here are some indicators that it is time to replace the engine:
- You’re having trouble starting your car, which is usually a sign that the engine is not getting enough power.
- There has been a decline in performance. If your car used to accelerate quickly but now feels sluggish, there could be an engine problem.
- Visible exhaust smoke usually means the engine is burning oil, indicating serious problems.
- Strange noises are coming from the engine. Noises such as grinding or knocking indicate that bearings or other components must be replaced.
If you notice any of these symptoms, bring your vehicle to Trustlane Automotive right away. We can diagnose the problem and notify you if an engine repair is required.
Experts in Engine Repair in Salinas, California
Trustlane Automotive in Salinas, CA, offers expert engine repair and replacement services. We have a team of skilled technicians on staff who can work on most makes or models of vehicles. We can help you with an engine overhaul, a new muffler, or an oil change. We only use high-quality materials and components and stand behind all of our work. Other auto services include brake, gearbox, and tune-up repairs. Visit Trustlane Automotive if you’re looking for a dependable and reasonably priced auto shop in Salinas, California. Don’t hesitate to contact us as soon as possible to schedule an appointment!